Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Phonebilical Cord

Today while I was out walking, I got a phone call. The special ringer and caller ID said it was from Maribeth, but when I answered, a male voice told me he had the wrong number. Naturally being the imaginative, over-protective mother that I am, I envisioned a million dangerous scenarios for the phone call.

When I got home and found my home intact, I proceeded to Walgreen's, where Maribeth was working. She was alive and well, and after looking at my phone, figured out that her former phone number was still stored in my phone, thus being the reason the call logged in as her.

So, what can be learned from this situation?

1. Phone numbers are reassigned fairly quickly, so update your phone contacts.
2. The umbilical cord is never severed - it just morphs into different forms.
3. There are millions of ways your child can be in danger, and none of them can be true.
4. Moms will never stop worrying.
5. Children will never fully understand "momworry" until they have their own children.
6. Phones should probably not be taken on wogs, but how else will the wogger be able to call when she wants a ride home?
7. Imagining the Law and Order episode that your child may be encountering in real life certainly makes the miles go by!

No comments: