Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just Shut Up and Watch

I've been watching the U.S. Open Golf Tournament on television for the past few days. It's been pretty exciting, with one exception - those idiotic "expert" golf commentators. They critique every stroke, every club, and every decision of the golfers, and then add a few stories of their own "glory days" as golfers. It's pretty annoying. The only good part is when they give their hallowed opinions and predictions, and then Tiger Woods proves them wrong by making the perfect play on what the idiots had already dismissed as poor choices.

I'm going to remember these golf "idiot-perts" the next time I feel belittled or criticized by someone. I'm going to remember that people base their opinions on what they think they know. I'm going to remember that sometimes people think it's more important that their opinion be heard than my life be praised. I'm going to remember that if people believe I am making the wrong decisions, they can just wait and watch me shine.

As Tiger Woods has shown over the last two days, the round is not over until the ball goes in on the 18th hole. Until then, they can talk all they want, because at the end of the day, the only opinion that really matters is mine.

No comments: