Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wanting to, But Not Doing

I meant to jog this morning. I got up early and dressed appropriately. I really wanted to go forth and jog. But I didn't.

I want to be that runner that glides along the street, seemingly effortlessly. I know it takes practice. But I couldn't get moving today.

I really want to be a jogger. But if I don't get out the door, it's not going to happen.

What is it going to take for me to go forth and jog? What's the trick that moves one from wanting to, to doing? I don't know either, but maybe since I have cyber-confessed my shortcomings, I shall be motivated. I certainly hope so.

1 comment:

lynnette said...

all those runners on the running boards talk about getting addicted to it. i hate them. it hasn't happened for me yet. :)

my latest tactic has been to run on the treadmill while watching the food network. it distracts me somewhat from the fact that i'm running. i'm up to 20 minutes of running (slower than you'd believe), and i have a few new ideas for dinner.