Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Daily Blog/Jogging

I blog every day, unless it is physically impossible. Most days I have something to share. But there are days when I can think of nothing to say. On other days it takes me hours just to formulate a meandering thought. One might ask the question, "If you have nothing to say, then why write?"

For me, the reason is pretty basic. I write every day because I am a writer. I am also a procrastinator and a creature of habit, so if I don't write one day because I have nothing to say, then it may be harder to write the next day. Each day feeds on the previous until I won't write at all because I haven't written in so long. I will have gotten out of the habit of writing and find it extremely difficult to start again. So I write something every day in order to practice and make it part of my life.

It's the same way with my jogging. It's much easier to come up with reasons NOT to jog, which makes it easier not to jog the next day and the next. While I certainly prefer that method of training, it's not very effective.

So I hope to do the same for my jogging as I do for my blogging. I have to make it a daily practice. Some days it's really not about substance as it is about dedication and continuity. It's about habit and daily practice. It's about commitment to a goal and following through. Some days will be better than others but coupled together, every day of practice will make me better in my jog-blog little world.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I'm glad you blog every day because I love reading what you write, even when you only write that you have nothing to write :-).

Good luck making the w/jogging more of a habit. I'm a procrastinator, too, but I'm also a perfectionist. So once I have a few days under my belt, I'm more motivated not to screw up and be "imperfect."

Thanks for being you, Luanne!