Saturday, June 7, 2008

Three Guys and an Air Conditioner

Today I made some new friends. They are the three young men who came to install the new central air unit at Molly's house. The worked for several hours in the blazing hot sun, and now Molly can sleep in cool air.

These guys are trying to start a business. By a chance circumstance, I met them and decided to employ them. Although they had no solid years-long references, I felt good about them and hired them. This morning they were about two hours late (which did lead me to a bit of panic), but after I called them, they called to say they had to wait at the warehouse and were on their way.

You never know what's going to happen when you take a chance on someone. But you'll really never know unless you take that chance. Today I took a chance on these young men and won. I got an opportunity to help out a new business and meet new people. It doesn't always work out, but today it did. The guys made another step forward in their business, and I got to meet some good guys. It looks like everybody won today.

No comments: