Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Donald!

Today is Donald Duck's birthday. Donald is my Disney character of choice, as you can see by the personalized drawing I bought myself a few years ago.

Why do I like Donald? Maybe because he's usually the sidekick. Maybe because he is great at pitching a fit. Maybe because he's allowed to have those human emotions that the "good guys" don't exhibit with such flair. Maybe because no matter what mess he gets himself into, he's always welcomed back into the fold and is willing to try, try again.

Donald's just a regular guy (uh, duck) trying to do his best in his world - it's just that stuff gets in his way. Mickey and the gang still love him, no matter what he gets in to.

We probably all have a little Donald in us - I just hope we have a friend like Mickey who loves us for it.

No comments: