Friday, September 14, 2012

If It's Friday, I Must Be In St. John

Eventually I awoke from my leftover food coma from yesterday and managed to get off the ship on onto dry land in St. John.  Rather than pay the $45 each for the pink bus tour, Steve, Molly, and I decided to walk around on our own.   I ate Raspberries 4 Lucie at Cora's, we found Goo-Goos for Sylvester and some candy place, and we saw a small group running with a Special Olympics Torch.

We also came upon a beautiful old church.  We read the history and then noticed a sign that said the church was closed because a funeral was going on.  We started to pass by, when an older gentleman said, "Do you want to see the inside?  The funeral is over and everyone is just standing around.  Go on in - the windows are beautiful!"  And so we did, or actually we followed him in.  The stained glass windows, as well as the rest of the inside of the church was beautiful.  And yes, the mourners were just standing around - but I do believe we were noticeable when we were just standing around and staring - in our cruise casual clothes!

We made it back to the ship in time for a nap before our dinner at Palos.  If you think we overate at Palo brunch, then double it and you have our dinner.  Sylvester took care of us again, bringing us dish after dish that we didn't order but that he thought we would enjoy.  It was delicious, and just what I needed to put me right to sleep!

At least I'm making up for all that lost sleep from last week!
*************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Foggy and damp St. John; brunch with Steve and Molly; lunch with Molly; Special Olympics group; seeing Sylvester at the mall; Palo dinner with the gang; church and church dude

No comments: