Saturday, September 15, 2012

If It's Saturday, I Must Be In Halifax

Again, a food coma must be the way to get a good night's sleep, except for the wacko dreams.  Last night's was that Jane Lynch was my BFF except that she was drunk and ran into my family, which consisted of Charlie Sheen and the boy from Two and A Half Men.  And I think there was a 5K involved ...

Anyhow, we pulled into Halifax around 10am and Steve and I decided to take our self-directed tour off the boat.  Halifax is a great city - beautiful old and new.  Steve had quite the conversations with several of the shop owners as we looked at their wares.  We managed to find a Starbucks with free wireless, hence the reason for the catch-up posts.  The only picture I have is of a lighthouse as we pulled in - that will have to do for now. 

Our plan is to continue walking around the city and then head back to the ship for our obligatory afternoon siesta before dinner - our Palo rotation is over, so it's back to the dining room.  Tonight is Pirate's Night and fireworks, so here's hoping we can stay awake for that!
*****************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Halifax and the store clerks; beautiful weather

3 comments:

Denise in PA said...

So glad you are checking out St. John and Halifax for me before I go next week - LOL! What's the weather like? I'm assuming I need warmish clothes? I just WISH we were going on the Disney ship! No Paolo for us this time o:( (I need to stop - one should not complain, when one is lucky enough to be able to go on a cruise - even if it is not Disney!)

Luanne said...

St. John was foggy and damp - I wished I had a light rain jacket. Halifax was cool at first, but was sunny and warmed up quickly. Both were lovely towns to walk around - lots to see. Can't wait to hear about your cruise - I always consider going on a different line, but my last foray in to other lines (the cheap deals a billion years ago) were not too great, so I'm waiting for a great trip report!

Denise in PA said...

Thanks for the input! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will give a full report. I'm hopeful!