Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Fun With Family and Friends

Today my Princess Bridesmaid Friend Laura called and said that she and her husband Marc would be in town and would stop by to see me. Since she had never been to my house before, I was very excited - and then wondered how many cleaning companies I could employ before she made it over in a few hours (she lives in East Tennessee). Pretty soon I did the math and decided I would have to take out a second mortgage on the house in order to accomplish that, and it would still be an impossible task, so I decided to let the house (and myself) just to stay as is - as if Laura would be surprised at my slovenliness. Anyhow, I had other things to do.

Mainly, Lynnette, Molly, Maribeth, and I were going to have a party planning meeting tonight. Everley's birthday was last week, but her official "friends" party was tomorrow (yes, tomorrow, we don't want to plan too far ahead). We needed to decide things like what we were going to do with a gaggle of 4-year-olds and what we were going to eat (and then go purchase supplies). We met, assigned duties and made grocery lists, and then they departed to their respective houses with their duty lists.  Emmatha stayed to spend the night (thank goodness for breast pumps) so Maribeth could get her list together.

Laura called to say that they had made it into town, and she and Marc headed over. Luckily she didn't feel the need for a hazmat suit, and we had a great time chatting and catching up (and she practiced feeding the baby, since her first granddaughter is due in a few weeks).

Family and friends - what better way to finish a Friday?!

I am not sure if Maggie Cat is making a claim to her new bed,
or offering her services as a potential nanny.
Either way, she didn't get moved ...

LaLa #2 - yep, that's her grandma name, too!!
Hopefully she will add some class to the name ...

*****************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: party planning with the girls; granddaughter time; Laura and Marc visit

No comments: