Sunday, April 17, 2016

Half Marathon Day! And Travel Home Day!!

This is why I do these races - the bling!!!
Today was another super-early start, since the actual race started at 5am (that would be dark-thirty in the morning). Along with Katie, Molly, David, and Steve, I got on the bus before 4am along with the gazillion other runners, and trudged our way to the start. Eventually our corral started and off we went (some faster than others - all faster than me). The day got warm fairly quickly, and I questioned my ability to finish since my knee was getting all wonky. But God saw me through and eventually I made it to the finish line. Where I had to wait for the bus back to the hotel along with the gazillion other runners in the hot sun (but still thankful for a bus at all). Since we had an early afternoon flight, there was enough time to shower and get our stuff packed up before we headed to the airport. It was a quick trip, but a good one!

PawPaw, Emmatha, and Total Stranger Dude taking naps on the flight home!
******************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: travelling to the race start with Katie, Steve, Molly, and David; starting and finishing the race; John and Anne and David taking the little girls to brunch; safe smooth flight home; sleeping in my own bed

No comments: