Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The People You Meet

Today I went to give blood. Everything pretty much went as usual. After I had been stuck and the blood was flowing, the male tech (who did not stick me) came over and said, “Are you Mrs. Davidson who used to teach at Bass?” Sure enough, it was a former student of mine. Of course, now he’s all grown up with kids of his own. I don’t know how they managed to grow up, when I’ve stayed the same age…

Anyhow, once I had filled the blood bag, he pulled out the needle and wrapped my arm as we continued to talk about the old days. As I left, I hugged him and told him I was proud of him. And whether or not it mattered to him, it mattered to me, because he reminded me of a time doing something that I loved so much.

Just another pint ...

A blast from the past!

And sometimes you get the good snacks!!
*****************************************************************************************
Blessings today include; easy donation of a pint of blood; seeing Bradley; Twinkies; getting this and that accomplished

No comments: