Monday, February 22, 2010

I'll Call You - Just Give Me A Little Time To Figure Out How

I finally got a new cell phone. No, it is not a blackberry, blueberry, or strawberry. Nor is it an IPhone, Youphone, or Theyphone. It is a Samsung Impression. That means it's a basic phone for basic people like me.

My current (not the new) phone was on its last legs. Last week the recharge cord broke, so I could only charge it in the car. Since it kept a charge for about an hour before it decided it was too tired to stay on, the phone got charged every time I went somewhere. Today that phone is back with AT&T, hopefully in cell phone heaven.

I have had several cell phones since my first one back in the Dark Ages. I believe that one came packaged in a shoe box, due to its size. Since then I've had flip phones and sliders and do-nothings. They have ranged in color from pink to red to balck to silver. They have been dropped on the floor and in cups of hot tea. But they've all had one thing in common - a fairly inept owner.

This new phone has features that I haven't used before. I probably won't use them now. But it does have one thing that I think is interesting. Apparently I can block numbers that I don't wish to talk to. If you are not on my happy list, then I will put your number in this file and your call goes straight to voice mail. Of course, you won't know if you're on my list or if I'm in the shower. Hmmm - maybe I should have left that part out.

Anyhow, I am happy to have a new communication device. Should I actually figure out how to answer it, you and I might even have a conversation. I am able to text - I just have to figure out where the correct letters are and how to find your phone number.

Maybe you're better off on that list after all!
____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: butt-camping to help get out the stiffness from the race; finally getting the security icon corrected on the laptop; Targeting, health department visiting, and Krogering with Molly; new phone

No comments: