Tonight I watched the Super Bowl. I had no favorite team, although I was happy that New Orleans won. I watched the commercials and consider them a great improvement over last year's entries. So, here are my lessons learned from watching:
1. Life is tricky and full of surprises. But keep at it, because things can change at any minute.
2. Just because you've never done something, doesn't mean you can't or won't do it. With hard work and perseverance, you'll do it.
3. Every accomplishment should be accompanied by a celebration. Maybe not a cooler full of Gatorade dumped on your head, but something equally exciting.
4. Victories are best celebrated with friends and family.
5. When trying to accomplish something, taking breaks are important. And sometimes the breaks are just as good as the other stuff.
6. People who think they are entertaining - may not be. Just because they're featured front and center doesn't make them great - only you can make them great in your life.
7. People who are watching you and commenting on your life don't really matter. All they do is make assumptions based on your current situation. But if you have the right coaches in your life, you can do anything.
8. Everything has a beginning and ending. But it's the stuff in the middle that makes the beginning and ending so sweet. If you're lucky, you'll have a whole team of folks who make the journey with you- and you'll realize that they were the best part of the whole thing.
Things that make today great: Brunch with the Maribeth and Molly, Lindley and her parents, Keith and Heather; finding the ladybug in Lindley's Kat quilt; Lindley's first bottle; Super Bowl commercials; finding my trial's hookah cafe; cheeseburger Doritos; waking up this morning to clean up only to find Maribeth did it last night