Friday, July 30, 2010

Ding, Dong, The Itch Is Gone!

Poison ivy - gone. Itch - no longer. Fear of the 3-leaf scratch monster - ginormous. In other words, I learned my lesson - if only I could correctly identify the plant at the root of all my recent misery.

Maybe this bout of poison ivy was a gift. Maybe I am supposed to learn what harms me so I can be on the lookout for it and avoid it. Maybe I'm supposed to take that life lesson and apply it to other areas of my life - what food harms me, what people harm me, what outside influences harm me, what bad habits harm me. Maybe I should be so wary of those harmful things that I would do everything to avoid them.

This case of poison ivy was the worst I've ever had. It was super-itchy and did a slow spread, making it last for a few weeks. It certainly made an impression and made me want to avoid poison ivy at all costs. I will be paying closer attention to those green leaves of three.

Now it's time to identify those other harmful things so I can pay closer attention to (and avoid) them, too.
__________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Last day of boot camp for this session; BSC with Lindley; waiting for Lindley to wake up from nap with Lynnette; hanging clothes rod for Molly and her later visit

No comments: