Since it seems like only this morning that I last blogged (but it was yesterday - check the date), I thought I would elaborate on yesterday's (theoretically) topic. Maybe it's because without the TV blaring, I seem to have extra time on my hands, or that if I blog now, then theoretically I have REASON and not an EXCUSE to ignore that chore list I have. As you can tell, I like theories - they keep me from doing real stuff.
Anyhow, I thought I would list stuff that I would like to give up one day. And maybe a list that I would like to give up on an even later day, but that might only happen when I get to Heaven. So here goes:
List Number One: Things That I Would Like To Give Up (but it ain't gonna happen this week)
1. Diet Coke/Coke Zero/Diet Dr. Pepper. Yes, I would like to be one of those people who drinks water. At every meal. And in between. Because it is better for their bodies. But right now I am thrilled that I am down to one a day. Because six a day seemed a bit excessive. And if I went cold turkey right now, I'm pretty sure my head would explode.
2. Dressing like I'm entering a bag lady fashion show. My theory is "if it fits and feels good, wear it." I do have a few limits but those limits are pretty wide (as is my posterior, which could account for my fashion tastes). Most of my wardrobe consists of workout capris (whose biggest workout is getting over my hips) and either a race t-shirt or a polo that probably has some grease stain on the front. I compliment the outfit with either flip flops of various style statements or bare feet. Maybe I just need the gun for the perfect accessory ...
3. Buying excessive crap, particularly Disney crap. I'm sorry, but have you met me? Yes, I could save a lot of money. Yes, I could have much less doo-dad clutter in my house. But this should probably be on the "When I Get To Heaven" list, because I just don't see it happening. Besides, how else is Lindley going to fund her college education on her one share of Disney stock if LaLa doesn't keep contributing to Disney revenue?
4. Mayonnaise. Frankly, I could put it on everything, but I also think it's sort of gross when you see some on the outside of the jar and it's sort turned all greasy. And I thought it was bad for you until I read this. So now I'm all confused as to whether it's good or bad. And now I've found out that you can purchase hair mayonnaise which seems even grosser. I still think I'll give it up, probably before the Diet Coke/Coke Zero/Diet Dr Pepper - although after all this mayonnaise talk, I feel sorta sickly.
5. My flowery dress. It's in my closet. I've had for a very long time. I've never worn it. Like so many other things, I bought it because one time I had a goal of actually fitting in to it. It's probably out of style (for me, a non-issue), but I still have a dream of wearing it. Wearing it to where is a whole other question, since I can think of no one who would choose to be seen with me in that outfit (although it might be a trade-up from the dirty t-shirt). Maybe it will be my victory dress because I will finally be able to put more than my pinky finger through the waistline. But I also think that one day I will have to pass it along. I'm sure there's a bag lady somewhere that might want it. Or not.
Anyhow, that's about all that I can think of that I could do without but just not do without right now. For today, not having my third Diet Dr Pepper of the day with Jack McCoy is enough of a challenge!!*************************************************************************
Today's blessings: 2 miles with KB; planning home improvements with Bill Crocs; getting started on unloading the upstairs