Monday, October 22, 2007

Motivation

I skipped posting yesterday, and I am not pleased. I am determined not to let a day pass without some sort of written validation for it. I truly feel like every day is a gift, and should be given its due. But yesterday I just didn't write.

I would like to say that it is the fall rainy weather (which started today), but I like the rain. I would like to say I am just soooo busy, but I'm not. I would like to say ANYTHING that would give me a viable excuse for not putting thought to paper, but there isn't one.

I've been thinking about Randy Pausch and his "last lecture." I think that's one reason I feel so determined to make sure each day counts - not that I know how many days, months, or years I have left, but that I don't. I want to insure that I write something every day, because we really don't know which one will be our last.

I started to title this post "Motivation...Or the Lack Thereof." But I think I've found my motivation. God has given me this day and all the events and thoughts in it. This blog is my way of saying "thank you", whether that day's post is about my experiences, my thoughts, or just some random occurrence.

Today I ate too much junky food, procrastinated way too much, and watched too much insipid television. But I found a reason to write, which makes today significant. It's a neat thing to realize every day will have its own significance - I just have to recognize it.

No comments: