Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Big Job = Big Rewards

I love music. Sometimes it clears my head, sometimes it soothes me, sometimes it invigorates me, and sometimes like today, it sends me a message. I just don't listen to it as often as I should.

Most of the time I listen on the car radio. I do have an Ipod thingy, but when I got a new laptop, something happened with the music/Ipod hookup/thingy/something-or-other. Basically, I need to upload (or is it download) my CDs again - I think. I've been putting it off because it's a time-consuming task for me to do.

But I'm missing out because I'm putting it off. I'm missing out on that clearness, that peace, that energy, and that message because I've convinced myself that the effort involved is too mundane.

So maybe instead, I should be focusing on the rewards I will receive. Instead of looking at all those CDs, I should be thinking about the music that is on each one. Maybe instead of bemoaning the task, I should be anticipating the results.

Sometimes the biggest jobs yield the biggest rewards. I just won't know until the job is done, and it won't be done until I start.

No comments: