Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!

I didn't intend to, but I got sucked in. I planned only to watch the swearing-in ceremony. But as I was waiting for my breakfast to cook, I turned on the news and that pesky Diane Sawyer reeled me in. With all her facts and trivia and cohort Charlie Gibson, she hypnotized me into watching the entire thing in my pajamas (although I did put on my inaugural t-shirt and jogging pants when I went to get the mail). I did manage to shower during the parade - I wanted to be fresh when the ball coverage starts!

I'm not an overtly political person. I vote and try to be informed. But today was history in the making, and I wanted to see it. It was a day full of emotion - smiles, tears, and cheers. It's a day my parents didn't live to see, and probably wouldn't have believed it anyway. It's a day that I can appreciate because I know what was and what is.

Today I really did nothing but sit on my couch and watch television. But what a great day it was!

No comments: