Monday, January 26, 2009

Shaggy's Little Secret

In the few days before leaving for Miami, I noticed that Shaggy seemed to be sleeping a lot. I was not overly concerned because he is, after all, getting on in years, and I know how we seniors like our naps. But I knew that sleeping 24/7 might be a signal that something could be wrong.

However, I think I discovered the whole story. Today while I was putting things away in the pantry, I noticed the baggie of catnip that I used on his scratching pad. It was on the floor instead of on the shelf, and it had distinct claw holes in it. In short, Shaggy had found his stash and has been catnippin' trippin'.

I should have figured it out because of the cat food he seemed to be inhaling and the fact that he was sleeping all through the night (thus letting me sleep). I guess I was in denial. Wonder if I should search for a catnip detox center? Maybe when Shaggy's through guarding my recycle paper basket, he'll be ready to go!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I think I would give him a little "nip" every night so I could sleep through the night, but that's just me, the non-cat lover and hospice nurse.