Sunday, April 9, 2017

Beautiful Sunday!

Today was Everley's official birthday party with her friends. She decided on a skating party, so I offered to keep Emmatha at my house during the party (yeah, I sacrifice like that - not that falling on the skating floor and breaking my whatever didn't sound appealing).

I had offered to make cupcakes for the party, and didn't bother to get the ingredients yesterday, so I had to go out this morning. The request was for Funfetti cupcakes with Rainbow Chip Icing (if you haven't had it,  you don't now the hypnotic effect it has on some people). A few years ago, they discontinued Rainbow Chip Icing, and it was a national scandal. They brought it back, much to the relief of some members of my family. This morning I needed to go in search of his delicacy (to some). Of course, the first two stores that I went to did not have it. Finally the third store had some, and I promptly bought four containers. One never knows when one might need this - possibly as currency in a barter situation.

Anyhow, on the way home I picked up some biscuits from Holler and Dash (one was the rasberry jam and nutella - strictly for Molly as I'm not a nutella person). I got the cupcakes baked and iced in time to give them to Mathieu for the party when he dropped off Emmatha.


The party was a success, and Lindley decided to leave the party early and come to the Doik to play with Emmatha. It was a beautiful day, so we grabbed a blanket and headed outside. There was swinging and playing on the blanket and a little adventuring off the blanket. The only squabble was when Emmatha was walking with NetNet and NetNet wouldn't allow Emmatha to walk over to the yard next door!


Once the party was over, Everley and Maribeth came over and Everley and Lindley opened all of Everley's party gifts. Pretty soon it was time for everyone to leave - tomorrow's a school day! But what a lovely Sunday afternoon!
*****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings include: finding Rainbow Chip icing; biscuits with Molly; finishing the cupcakes; afternoon time with Lynnette, Lindley, and Emmatha; dinner with Maribeth, Lynnette, Lindley, Everley, and Emmatha from CPK; visit with Cheryl and Camille and cruise talk

No comments: