Friday, December 17, 2010

Thoughts on Modern-Day Christmas

Thought #1 - Family Christmas is next Wednesday (or Thursday) night. I have 1.5 out of 5 presents completed (I am supposed to be making them). One present has been through the disaster state three times. Wonder how hard counterfeiting money is to learn. People do enjoy cash for gifts.

Thought #2 - As a general rule, I like Christmas music. I even like the stations that play it 24/7. However, I would like to go on record that there are two (technically three, but one is the same song in two different versions) songs that I absolutely abhor. The first is Destiny's Child's "The Eight Days of Christmas." The sole redeeming quality is that it stops after eight days and doesn't torture listeners with the whole twelve days. The second song is "Blue Christmas." I don't like it sung by Elvis and I especially don't like it sung by Porky Pig. So if you're making me a Christmas mix tape, please do not include those. (Hmmm - making a Christmas mix tape - wonder how hard that would be to do ...)

Thought #3 - Why is "The Wizard of Oz" on tv at Christmas? Everybody knows that is an Easter movie. And why isn't there a Christmas movie channel that shows all Christmas movies all day? Without commercial interruption? And shouldn't "Love Actually" be on that channel at least once a day?

Okay, so that's enough of my deep thoughts for today. I have to go find a paint-by-numbers picture, or some sand art, or hook a rug. Christmas is coming!
______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Friday butt camp fun and tacky Christmas sweaters; Target-ing with Molly and her frig repair; finishing one Christmas present

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Love Actually is my favorite Christmas movie!!!