Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - I Like The Sound of That!!

I'll admit - I never liked the sound of 2013.  I'm not a "13" fan of anything, and it's not that I'm overly superstitious.  But 13 sometimes just gives me the heebie-jeebies. 

By all accounts, 2013 was a great year.  There were a great many high points.  Our family had many great adventures and experiences.  Udderly Pink trekked 60 more miles, and in rain that we swore we'd never do.  I finished several races (and never started several others).  I met friends in person that I'd only known on this internet thing.  I kept in touch with old friends from the old days and still wonder what it would be like if we still lived in the same town.  Truly 2013 was a blessed year.

But there were also low points - friends and acquaintances receiving dire health prognoses and some succumbing to that illness.  Friends and acquaintances taking sides on one issue or another and vehemently advocating their beliefs to the detriment of others.  People just being crazy and hurting others for no reason.  There was badness and meanness and sorrow in 2013.

But for better or worse, 2013 has ended and 2014 has begun.  2014 just sounds fresh and ready to be great.  I don't know where it will take me, but with all new beginnings, I hope this is the one that signifies great and new and joyous adventures ahead.

And for you, I wish the same, with an overabundance of love from every corner of this great big world.  Happy 2014!!
************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  we celebrated Sam's birthday a little late with shrimp and black eyes peas and chocolate cake and a giant cookie; Everley and Lindley time

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I like the sound of it too! And, a big highlight for me this year was meeting you in person. May we meet again in 2014 and make it even better by getting to spend more time together!