Saturday, January 18, 2014

Another Double, Please!

Today Molly and I doubled yesterday's mileage (again) for the Tinkerbell 10K.  While today's race start and course was not as exciting as yesterday's, it was still a fun race.  We started out on the street, wound around Disneyland and California Adventure, got back on the streets, and finished close to Downtown Disney.  Molly finished waaaay ahead of me, which was good because she had time to take a shower and go get breakfast and bring it back to the room!

Today's race is for Lindley, who turned four this week.  If it weren't for her, I might still harbor my disenchantment with Tinkerbell.  But when your precious granddaughter is a Tink fan, you begin to look at Tink a different way.  And my hope is that one day, maybe Lindley will do a race with me.  Maybe one day when she gets old enough and I'm not too old.  Maybe it will be this race along with her first trip to Disneyland.  Maybe we'll only start the race and she'll take off and wait for me at the finish.  But one day we'll do a race together.  I just hope the race people will let me use my walker!!
**************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Fun 10K at Disneyland; race volunteers and runners in their costumes; Molly fetching breakfast; lunch with Molly at Rainforest; chatting with housekeeping lady

No comments: