Wednesday, February 12, 2014

As Long As We're Naming The Days of The Week ...

Today's Wednesday (for all you know).  Today I am going on an old-lady rant about Bob Costas.  Why?  Because his eyes are grossing me out. 

First of all, let me say that I know it is not Bob Costas's fault.  Whether it's pinkeye or a severe eye infection or cooties of the eye - it certainly wasn't something he planned or wanted to happen (would anyone?).  But frankly, the worse it got, the less I wanted to look at him - even the blurry shots via the internet.

I'm sorry Bob was afflicted with whatever his eye condition is.  I hope it clears up soon with no permanent damage to him.  I hope he feels better soon.  But here is my rant - do you think for one second that if Meredith Vieira showed up for work with the mere hint of some redness in her eyes, that she would get near a camera?  Do you think she would want to?  Do you think the producers/directors/moneybags in charge would allow a camera near her?  And do you think that if her eyes were so pink and swollen and ickified that she could barely see that she would be hosting anything on network tv?  I think the answer is no, for about a zillion reasons.

I'm sorry Bob is sick.  I'm sorry his streak of hosting every Olympics since the beginning of time is in jeopardy.  I'm sorry that the image of his pink swollen oozing (well maybe not oozing but they probably are by now) eyes are still in my brain.  But sometimes you've got to know when to call it and go somewhere and recuperate - away from the camera.

Even I can see that ...

********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I got a few things accomplished; Everley time

No comments: