Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fifty Shades of What???

There seems to be a lot of buzz about the upcoming movie, "Fifty Shades of Grey." And frankly, like I felt about the book, I don't get it.

I admit it - I actually did not read the book. I became aware of the hubbub surrounding the book when it came out. At first, I thought it was a humorous book (like Erma Bombeck-ish) about women in their 50s. And then I got word that it was about something else - something else entirely.

I was still not intrigued to go out and read the book (or books - apparently there's more than one). So I did the next best thing - I wikipedia-ed it. And frankly, I read all I need to about those fifty shades. In fact, I think I read more than I needed to about those fifty shades.

Anyhow, I think my original thought of fifty shades of old ladies would have been more entertaining. At least to this 50+ old lady. At least I think I would have understood it more ...
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: Lindley and Everley time; lovely Sunday; wogging with KB; breakfast with KB and Molly

No comments: