Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Twilight Zone - aka Luanne's Sense of Time

There are people who live in the future. They dream about what they will be doing and will make endless plans to get there. There are people who live in the past. They dream about what was and how good it was and how it was better. There are people who live in the present. They dream about nothing and just try to get by for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised. And then there's me ...

For instance, for me, in many ways, today is January 20. For most of the rest of you, today is not January 20, but some day several weeks into the future. And we all know why so we needn't go down that road. But isn't it kind of interesting to live in both the past and the present and the future?

Anyhow, now that I've finished my first race of the year, I've been on my first cruise of the year, I've had my party of the decade (or perhaps the millennium), and I've managed to conquer the threat of takeover by rogue smoke detectors, what else could I wish to do this year?

Well, the next big thing is to replace the traditional hot water heater with a tankless system. Yes, the plumber dudes who came yesterday to do the annual plumbing inspection noticed that our big humongous tank is old. And needs replacing. So, I have the opportunity that I've been waiting for - to switch to tankless! I've been considering this for years, only to have various workers/people/strangers tell me what a bad idea it is. Of course, the people I know with tankless systems like them. So, I decided to take the plunge (and spend the $$$) to get it done.

It means that the gigantic water heater in my laundry room will be gone, thus clearing up a spot in there for the refrigerator that I cast out into the sunroom because it was a horrible ice-making machine. Which means we will no longer have to go into the freezing sunroom to get a coca-cola (well, for those who drink them).

This new direction is scheduled for next Monday, which gives me some time to move out the two cabinets that need moving and unhook the dryer to move it around. Because while they're redoing pipes and such (they also are going to replace the remaining cast iron pipes under the house since they are beginning to leak and sag - sort of like my old lady body), they are also going to relocate the laundry pipes so the washer/dryer can be side by side again. And I'm planning to put them on pedestals, well, because I think that will be cool.

So, while you are off dreaming about the future (maybe because that's where you are right now), I am dreaming about my future laundry/hot water heater. It's amazing how quickly this is going to happen!!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: Everley time

No comments: