Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Heart Junk People

Because I like a lot of stuff going on at the same time, now is a particularly thrilling time. Not only am I attempting to get a new hot water system going on, but I am also trying to help the people repairing Maribeth and Mathieu's garage repair that happened when a tree came crashing down through the roof. Today's task? Meeting the junk removal people to clear out rocks and stuff from around their garage.

Actually the task needed was to clear out a small shed full of lumber and limbs at the back of the garage so it would be clear for the siding to be replaced (and the shed would go, too). I called a couple of junk people, but Junk King said they could be out today, so we set a date. Of course they asked me questions like how much was it, what kind of stuff was it, and how many trucks would be needed. My answers were, I don't know, rocks and lumber and stuff, and maybe one? They quit asking me questions and gave me an appointment time.

Maribeth was having a new thermostat put in today also, and then was called into work, so I sat with the electrical dudes until they decided the thermostat wasn't going to work and left. Not too long after the junk dudes showed up. First they loaded up a bunch of rocks and stuff that were left over from when Mathieu cleared out a sorry-looking rock garden/fountain thing left by the previous owner. Then they headed to the back and cleared out the lumber and sticks and took down the shed. They were nice and efficient and did a great job.

 

Wonder if they do inside houses too ...
******************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: taking Everley to school; Maribeth and Everley making an airport run for Steve; electrical dudes; junk dudes

No comments: