Friday, February 12, 2016

Hello Jacksonville!!

This morning Steve and I headed to Jacksonville, where we will be participating in the races in the 26.2 With Donna Breast Cancer Weekend. Steve and I will be doing the 5K, and I will be doing the half-marathon. I've done this every year since it started, and it's one of my favorite races.

Normally we would travel on Thursday before the race, but Steve had work stuff to do, so we couldn't leave until today. Steve's sister Kitty also lives here, and we usually have time to see her and have dinner. But since this is such a short trip, we'll basically have time for a quick visit (she works at Stein Mart, so Steve kinda likes to visit her at work). Anyhow, the weather looks to be great, and we're hoping for a great weekend.

After a safe, smooth flight, we landed in Jacksonville around 12:45pm. We went straight to the expo to pick up our race stuff (and maybe a few other things). Then we headed to one of our favorite spots, The Metro Diner, where I had my usual Charleston Shrimp and Grits. After that it was time to check into our hotel, get settled a bit, and head to see Kitty. We finished the day with a burger at Colonel Mustard's Phat Burgers. Not exactly a sensible eating day, but it certainly was a delicious one!  Maybe I'll walk off the calories tomorrow ...

I had shrimp and grits. Steve had half a friend chicken.
*****************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: safe, smooth flight to Jacksonville; delicious meals with Steve at Metro Diner and Colonel Mustard's; quick visit with Kitty

No comments: