Friday, February 10, 2017

Metro Diner - Take Two

First, let's attend to business. Yes, I am on a roll - day two of blogging. Let's hope it keeps pace. Which, if it's on par with my race pace, does not bode well.  Oh well, whatevs. Anyhow, I am still hoping to catch up. And just so you know (and have realized for the last nine months), that makes a total of 220 missing blog posts. I know exactly how many, because I went back and made a list. And while I do like my lists, this one is a doozy (and is actually two pages long).  Anyhow, I did manage to catch up on a few - from last May. They are mostly photos (as many of the catch-ups will be), and the blessings I list will not be representative of that actual day, but I'm trying.

So, let's get on with today. Steve left early for some golf, He got back around 11:00, so we had time for some lunch before his business call. And since Metro Diner was just down the street, we went there again. And therein I made my mistake. Not the going there, but the wrong choice of food, which was the Charleston Shrimp and Grits. I've had it several times before and enjoyed it.

I kept thinking about Uncle Ed's Fish Sandwich. But it wasn't highlighted in green as one of "the specials," and so I went with the pressure (from myself) and instead went with the shrimp and grits. Was it good? Yes, but not as good as I wanted, mainly because I didn't choose what I really wanted.

And therein lies one of my food issues - choosing what I think I should choose instead of what I want. Lesson learned. I hope.

After lunch and Steve's business call, we went down to the race expo to pick up our race stuff. Since I am not going to do the half marathon on Sunday, I decided to ask to see if I could do the "virtual" half marathon and still be counted as a streaker (that means I have done every race every year since the first one). The lady at the runner relations said the virtual race (that means you can do the half marathon on your own whenever and wherever in the next month and report back to them your info) would open again on Monday, and I could enter it, do it, and my streaker streak would remain intact. Yay!!

By now, it was time for an afternoon nap while Steve went to Stein Mart to see Kitty and purchase some stuff. He got back in time for his nap, waking just in time for us to pick up Kitty and head for dinner.

Which was NOT at Metro Diner!! (It was at Barbara Jean's and I had fried shrimp, which was just fine, thank you!!).
*****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings include: sleeping in; catching up on blog posts May 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, and 30; lunch at Metro Diner; picking up race stuff and hearing the virtual news; texting with family; dinner with Kitty 

No comments: