Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Castaway Cay

Today we docked at Castaway Cay. While I did technically sleep around nine hours, they were not the same nine hours from last night. Molly is trying to get me to drink more water, which means I got up several times to relieve myself of said water. My masseuse says my body will get used to all the extra water, which I hope it will, since last night it did get used to the extra sleep.

Last night we did go to our assigned dining location, which was Tiana's. It's what used to be Parrot Cay. During the Wonder's recent dry dock, they remodeled the restaurant to be themed on "The Princess And The Frog." And they did a splendid job! The room is light and airy and Tiana walks around greeting her guests. There's a three-piece band that plays during dinner, and I understand that at some point there's a parade (did I mention we got Mardi Gras beads from our server?) which we skipped out on (we can handle only so much fun). The food was really good and it's a fun place to dine.

We also saw the new stage show, "Frozen." It's based on the movie of the same name and follows the story. Some of the story is done with puppets (Olaf the Snowman would kinda be hard to keep up with the stage lights) and the special effects are pretty awesome. And of course, it's Disney quality, so it's absolutely a delight.

But back to today. Molly and I decided to stay on the ship and not venture out to the island. We decided to enjoy the quietness on the ship. We sat on the deck and read awhile before having lunch. We then returned to the room to watch a movie, read, and get caught up on a few blog posts. Now, about those catch-up blog posts ... They are pretty much all photos - but at least they're something! There may be hope for a total catch up after all!

Tonight is pirate night, which means fireworks. I'll try to get a couple of photos - if I'm still awake, that is!
***************************************************************************************
Blessings today include; reading and napping on deck; shrimp for lunch; getting caught up on blog posts from December 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 17, 20, and 22

No comments: