Sunday, March 12, 2017

Daylight Sucky Time

Have I ranted about this before? Like twice a year every year? Well, apparently not enough people have listened to me, so I will just rant some more. Let's just put it this way - here are my top ten reasons for hating Daylight Savings Time ...

1. The clock thing, obviously. It's not enough that I have to go around changing all the clocks in the house, invariably forgetting several of them, but I also have to remember the stupid clocks in the car. Which I can never remember how to set anyway, which means I am losing even more time. Sucky!!

2. It's daylight. Like forever. Which means if I wanted to go to sleep early, it won't happen, since it looks likes it's early, but it's not. It's late. Sucky!!

3. It's dark in the morning. Which it might have been dark anyway, but it's even darker. Possibly. I would know for sure if I got up on time, but I stayed up too late last night thinking it was early, but it wasn't. So I overslept. Sucky!!

4. A brief history of daylight savings time:
In the US, “Fast Time” as it was called then, was first introduced in 1918 when President Woodrow Wilson signed it into law to support the war effort during World War I. The initiative was sparked by Robert Garland, a Pittsburgh industrialist who had encountered the idea in the UK. Today he is often called the “Father of Daylight Saving”. Only seven months, later the seasonal time change was repealed. However, some cities, including Pittsburgh, Boston, and New York, continued to use it until President Franklin D. Roosevelt instituted year-round DST in the United States in 1942.
 History smistory. Sucky!!

5. My internal body clock is not a fan. But my body seems to be a fan of ice cream and candy bars and not a fan of exercise, so maybe my body is all mixed up. Still seems kinda of sucky anyway!!

6. Supposedly DST is a way to save energy. I cannot attest to that, since I have no energy as a result of the time change. But I really didn't have any energy last week either. Still counts for sucky!!

7. Still confused about the savings of daylight. Exactly what am I saving it for? Once the weather gets warm and the mosquitos come out, I shan't be outside anyway. So all that outside light in the evening seems like a waste when I could be using (theoretically) in the morning. Sucky again!!

8. Explaining DST to Minnie and Maggie Cats. I will try, but it's just one more thing for them to be ticked off about. Which means they will be batting my face (while I am asleep) several times in their attempt to figure out what time it is, namely is it time to eat. Super sucky!!

9. The Reversal. Meaning getting off (or is it on) this insane idea sometime this fall. Because I still don't remember the spring/fall/back/forward concept. Although I do think I am more at peace in the fall than I am in the spring. Nevertheless, still sucky!!

10. Nobody asked me. As per usual. Which I don't understand, because I have such super amazing ideas. Oh well, sucky for them!!


*****************************************************************************************
Blessings today include: setting most of the clocks; quiet Sunday at home

No comments: