Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday

Today I actually got a few things accomplished. Cleaning - not so much. but still, a few things accomplished.

I had to adjust a reservation for next February's Princess Weekend. I would try to explain, but it has to do with DVC points and booking windows and borrowing points - all pretty boring unless you are trying to do more than you are allowed, based on points and booking windows and borrowing points. At any rate, I did get what I wanted to do, done.

The next thing I decided to do was bite the bullet on my train trip. What train trip, you might ask. Well, it all has to do with my 60th Birthday Trip. There are many elements, but this one has to do with the train part. Yes, I am travelling on a train. And not the one that Lynnette and I and Lindley and Everley took last year that took a few hours from Seattle to Vancouver. No, this one goes from Toronto to Vancouver and takes five days and four nights. And yes, once I get to Vancouver, I will be eventually getting on a ship and going to Alaska - but we can discuss that later.

Anyhow, back to the train. I have been looking at this trip for quite some time. I have you-tubed it and read peoples' reviews on it, and of course, everyone has their own opinions - they liked it or hated it. And so therein lay my hesitation. A couple of weeks ago I made my flight to Toronto - step one. But I knew that eventually I was going to have to actually purchase the train ticket. And today just seemed like the day that it was going to happen.

So, I go to the Canada Rail website and try to log in. Of course, my password is wrong, so I have to have them email me a new one. I get that done, and then get all the reservation details and go to the payment page. And I get a pop-up message that says the credit card was denied. What?? I know that the card has $$, because I paid it off. Two seconds later, I get a text from my credit card asking if I had made the charge, and of course I said yes. Then it says for the "company" to resubmit the charge. And so I attempt payment again. And again it gets rejected. I decided that maybe the texting had not had time to take effect, so I waited a minute and tried again - rejected!!

By this time, I'm wonder if God is trying to tell me that I shouldn't be going. But I didn't get the feeling from Him. Instead, I felt like perhaps He was asking me to make sure that I really wanted to make this trip. And I decided that I did. So I called the credit card people and talked to a very nice lady who explained that they tag transactions like this that were out of the ordinary (thank you for that!). I told her that I had tried to charge the ticket three times, and I didn't want three tickets. So, she deleted all those and made sure that the next time I attempted the charge it would go through. And so it did. And now I have a train ticket across Canada. Uhhhh...

By this time, Molly was up and ready to go for breakfast at Holler and Dash. This time we had the Pork Rambler (fried pork tenderloin, blackberry butter, fried onion straws), the Tot Bowl (tater tots, cheese, bacon, green onion, and hollerback sauce), and Chicken Set Go (fried chicken, pimento cheese, jalapeno-on the side today, and sorghum. It was all very yummy. Once we were done there, we picked up a curtain rod at Target and headed to my house.

Yes, I'm sewing on a stool.
The least of what's wrong
with this photo ...
We picked up my sewing machine and a few other tools because Molly had a few tasks for us to complete. My main one was to hem her curtains. She started putting together a table, but realized that the pack of screws she needed was not with the table. A call to the store yielded the information that they had the pack of screws at the register, ready to be collected by whomever wanted to come get them. So Molly headed to the next project, which was putting together her patio chair (which also had been sent without the correct package of screws, but since this chair was ordered online, they mailed her the correct package). Once that was complete, Sam arrived and put up the new curtain rod, hung the guest room headboard, and put legs on the expedit in Molly's office. Meanwhile I was pinning and hemming curtains - while they hung on the curtain rods. My mother would have been mortified, perhaps even more by the finished product, but I got the job done.

By this time, Molly had left for a meeting with her school group so I headed back home. Lynnette and Lindley were there, on their way to pick up Everley for some park fun. Meanwhile, I headed out for milk for Steve and a broom and dustpan for Molly (hers disappeared during the remodel).The girls eventually returned for some playtime at the Doik and soon Steve pulled in from Columbus. By this time, it was time for everyone to return to their homes to get ready for Monday morning work and school.

It's been a pretty good weekend. A lot of tasks accomplished, new things purchased, and fun times with family. And on we go to Monday!!
******************************************************************************************
Blessings today include: brunch with Molly; getting tasks completed at Molly's' texting with Pam and Laura; Steve's safe travel home from Columbus

No comments: