Saturday, March 25, 2017

Saturday Goings-On

This morning Molly and I decided to start by eating breakfast at Puffy Muffin. While we were finishing up, we were texting KB to try and convince her to do Dopey next January (in case you didn't know, that means doing four races over four days, from a 5K to a full marathon and two distances in between). She wasn't exactly responding to our texts, so we decided to track her (we can do that on our iphones - because one time she let us and has probably forgotten about it).

Anyhow, Molly said, "She's at the fairgrounds," and I knew exactly where she was - it's Flea Market Weekend!! Of course we decided to go find her, even though we are not really flea market people (although Steve and GDizzle are). We even paid the $5 for premium parking (even though the money collector lady said all the spaces were full and if we couldn't find a spot, if we came back out, she would refund our $5) and after a few turns around the parking lot, found a spot.

Now it was time to find KB. We were trying to track her, but iphone tracking doesn't exactly get that specific. By this time, she was answering our texts, and it wasn't a minute later that we literally ran into each other! We spent the rest of the morning walking around and looking at stuff. I bought a formica dining table and four chairs, mainly because it reminded me our my and Steve's first "dining table" and KB dickered with the lady to get the price down (although after her husband had to work and work to get the legs off so KB could cart the table and chairs home for me, he probably thought we owed him money). Anyhow, KB left with my purchase to run her errands, and Molly and I walked around a bit more. I bought two Disney glasses (shocked anyone?) and Molly tried to talk with a dude about his furniture, but he was more interested in his lunch than any potential customers.

It didn't take much more time for Molly and me to decide our flea market experience was over, and we headed out. We went to a couple of furniture and salvage stores (Molly is looking for things) and eventually decided to call it a day. KB came over to deposit my new dinette (didn't reassemble because I want to pait the legs) and we chatted a bit before she left.

By this time, it had been a super busy day, so I decided to pack it in. I did forget to get a pack of socks at the flea market, though ...
Blessings today include: brunch and shopping with Molly; flea market fun with KB and Molly; planning for Molly's Disney birthday trip

No comments: