Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Glacier Day!!

Today we get to see the glacier. The captain announced early that we would not be going to Tracy Arm, but through another passage with less ice and therefore we could get closer to the glacier. We had booked an excursion (well, the only excursion available for this day and very hard to book) that involved getting on a smaller boat. While we were still a bit away from the glacier, the small boat pulled up to the ship, and we all got on - around 150 of us. We pulled away from the ship and our new captains took us close to shore to see things. Eventually we got to the glacier and it was great! And yes, a bit cold, but we had a great time. All too soon it was time to reboard the Wonder and view the glacier from a different perspective. We all took some "downtime" in our individual ways (think naps) and then ate in Tiana's, which was a delightful experience.

Headed to see some ice!

Speeding away from the Wonder!

Beginning to see some ice!

And we finally see the seals!

One of the amazing waterfalls

The Glacier Girls!

Yup - that's the glacier!

Molly doing her glacier dance

Selfies getting people getting selfies ...

Hey - shouldn't we be on that boat?


I love the reflection of the Wonder on the water!

Yeah, I don't know what I'm pointing at ...

And the sun begins to set ...

A whale!!!

Another photo with the ship's reflection
 
Molly meets a new friend at Tianas

And our room steward made us an alligator!

Bananas Foster Sundae - how else to end a great day?
And now for a final bit of business. This is the last post for this blog. Why? Because my 50s will be over tomorrow. There were a lot of decisions to make - would I even continue to blog, would I continue on this blog site, what would I name a blog, and so on. I finally decided to try a new blog site and start over for my 60s. So, tomorrow, should you wish to continue reading my posts (or lack of, or my catchups), go here: https://lalasthirdact.wordpress.com/.

And whether you decide to leave me in my 50s or continue with my 60s, I have only one thing to say - thanks for reading!
**********************************************************************************
Blessings today include: boat excursion to see the glacier and all the views we got to see; dinner in Tiana's

2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

I'm in for the long haul, Luanne...I can't leave you now! I'm jumping over to the new blog. I'm loving virtually traveling along on this 60th bday adventure with you!

Luanne said...

You are just the bestest!!