Saturday, March 15, 2014

Moving Mountains

"A man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."    
- Anonymous -
 
I have a lot of mountains that I want moved.  Of course, I want them moved yesterday, preferably by someone else with little or no effort on my part.  But then would it really be my mountain, my victory?  Would I even notice that it had been moved?  Would I have learned something from it that would keep the same mountain from rising again?
 
A previous rock-moving adventure ...
Nope.  In order for my own personal mountains to be moved, I have to do it myself.  Sometimes with a little help from friends and always with a lot of help from Above.  I'll have to carry away a little at a time, perhaps not even noticing the slightest of change in the mountain.  But I'll keep working, keep removing stones, keep hoping that a change will happen, until one day I'll look up and see the mountain no more. 
 
Maybe that's why my mountain was there in the first place - to get me moving in the right direction.

****************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Marilyn and Eddie's safe arrival here and picking up lunch AND dinner; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: