Monday, August 18, 2014

My Latest Book Adventure

Recently I decided to read Hillary Clinton's new book.  I reserved it at the library, and got an email that the book was in and it was my time to read it, so could I please come pick it up (well, it actually didn't say all that - it was more like "come get your book, girl").  Anyhow, I stopped by one afternoon to pick it up.

As I retrieved it off the reserved shelf, I noticed that it was really big and thick.  All I could think of was that it was going to be a long read, and I hoped it was interesting.  "War and Peace" kept coming to mind.  Anyhow, I checked it out and headed to the car.

Once I sat down in the car, I opened the book and discovered that it was the "big print" edition.  My first thought was, "Great - it should be an easy read." And then I got it home. And tried to start reading it. And my eyes started bugging out because I found that the words are HUGE and thus it seems like the book is yelling at me.  Or maybe that Hillary is yelling at me.

At any rate, I'm taking it back to the library.  If there's one thing I can't abide by, it's book yelling ...
*****************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  getting a few non-essential things accomplished; picking up Everley at school and having some Everley time; picking up Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley at the airport; catching up a bit on my race scrappy

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

My library also told me to come get the book too. I did and, yes, it was huge. I skimmed through looking for the good parts, looks at the photos and took it back. The beauty of the library!