Sunday, December 28, 2014

Resolutions

2015 is quickly approaching. Of course we all know what that means - the beginning of a new  year with new hopes and dreams. And resolutions. Yuck.

To be fair, I should say that I do believe resolutions are a good idea - if you're the type of person who sticks with a resolution. Unfortunately, I have resigned myself to the cold hard fact that I'm not that kind of person.

I've certainly made my share of resolutions. And pretty much all of them have been total failures in terms of keeping them. All except one - to quit smoking. Technically since I've never smoked a day (or a cigarette) in my life, this was pretty easy to keep. The rest of my resolutions? Pretty much down the drain within a few weeks.

So this year I've decided to bypass all resolutions except one. This year I am going to work on my mind-reading. To be more precise, I am going to quit trying to read minds, since it is very hard and I am not very good at it. How exactly will this work? Pretty much like this:

  • I will no longer try to read your mind to figure out what you want from me. If you want something, just ask. I can/will or can't/will not do it. But neither of us will ever know until you ask and I give you an answer.
  • I will no longer try to read your mind to ascertain what you think of me and anything/everything that has to do with me and my life. If you're mad at me, tell me. If you don't want to talk to me, just tell me why and I'll oblige you. If you think what I'm doing is not exactly what I should be doing, just share your thoughts because I apparently am no good at trying to pull them out of your brain.
  • I will no longer try to read your mind to figure out where you want to eat or what you want to do or where you want to go. Just tell me. We can either go together or make separate trips. This way we stand a chance of both being happy and satisfied.

Sure, I'm going to quit smoking again this year. I'm sort of hoping I develop some good habits all the way, but we'll just see how that progresses. Maybe if I don't have to practice my mind reading, I'll have some additional brain cells to work on that. 

Good luck on your resolutions, if you're making some. But you'll have to tell me about them. Because I don't read minds anymore!

*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: safe road trips to Columbus; 5 Guys burger on the road; chatting with GDiz at his house
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: safe road trips to Columbus; 5 Guys burger on the road; chatting with GDiz at his house

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Wow, great resolution! I like it! Make sure you stick to that one. Happy 2015! o:)