Thursday, October 9, 2014

Heading Home

Too soon we were off the boat. Our rooms will be cleaned and somebody else will be sleeping in them tonight. Our server Chris will entertain new diners with his jokes and dancing and riddles. Our rainforest room chaise loungers will be warming the butts of new patrons. And there will be no towel animals waiting for us on our beds. True, it is sad to be leaving.  But at least we will have all the happy memories to remember and get us through those days when we wish we were elsewhere.

After waiting through the seemingly endless line at Customs (please people - you've been waiting in line for 20 minutes - couldn't you have retrieved your customs form and passport at some time during that period, rather than wait until you get to the desk, then shuffle through all your belongings in an attempt to locate them? Sorry - just a little venting here ...), Emily went one way to wait for her ride to her son's and daughter-in-law's house and we went the other to get in our car.  We then drove to Tampa (after a stop at Dunkin Donuts for breakfast), deposited Jeanne at her house (and visited with Bea), and then headed to the Tampa airport (because the flight was cheaper than from Orlando).  Just a few hours later, we were back in Nashville.

We went out for burritos and most of the family came over to eat.  I had some Lindley and Everley time and considered unpacking the suitcase, but decided to put that off another day.  Of course I had to assure Maggie and Minnie Cat that I would not be turning around for another trip.  I'm not sure they believe me.  It's supposed to rain for the next several days in Nashville, to which I am looking forward.  I could use a couple of days to stay inside. Maybe I could actually accomplish some of the hundreds of tasks I need to complete.  Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

It's nice to be home again.  It's about to be holiday season, so I've got to get my act in gear. Now if only I could figure out what my act is ...
******************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: safe and fun ride to Tampa; Bea visit; safe flight back to Nashville; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: