Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last Sunday In September

Yup, September is rolling right on past.  Since I've spent much of the month out of town (no comments, please), the passing of September days seems even more rapid.  It seems as the days of summer are quickly turning into the days of fall and even (eeks!) slipping into the holidays.  So I guess I'd better get caught up (and we all know what that means!).

So today, the last Sunday of September, I am choosing to be thankful.  Thankful for the opportunities to travel and a home to return to.  Thankful for granddaughters who can make me feel old and young at the same time.  Thankful for cats who will rip up the corners of my furniture and cuddle up at night and purr in my ear.  Thankful for friends to have fun with and who hang with me through the tough times.  Thankful for feet that may be slow but still carry this body over the miles I chose to wog. Thankful for my family who knows the good, the bad, the ugly, and everything else, and yet continues to look forward to the next thing.  Thankful for this life which may not be everything that I had planned, but much more than I deserve and certainly more than I could ever hope.

So today, as September continues to roll on past, I am choosing to be thankful.  Because in the end, that's the true value of each day - recognizing that with which we have been blessed. Every day is truly a gift - and I hope you've found yours today!
****************************************************************************
Today is a gift because:  Lindley and Everley time; dinner with the family

No comments: