Monday, September 5, 2016

Back To It

With today being Labor Day, Everley and Emmatha have no day care. So, it's LaLa Daycare, since Maribeth has to work delivering Amazon packages (what kind of people order all this stuff - of wait, that would be me ...). Steve volunteered to take Everley to the YMCA pool for the day (not sure who was more pleased about that), so it was just me and Emmatha at home.

And yes, the knee still is in limbo. It's somewhat better than yesterday, but still tricky, mainly when I get up from a seating position because I have to figure out how to distribute the weight on which leg and decide which leg will take that first step. And yes, I've done all the RICE techniques. Now it's just a waiting game to see if it gets better on its own or I decide to call a doctor. The decision is already made for today, since I would imagine that knee doctors are taking this holiday off, too.

Anyhow, Emmatha decided to use today to take several naps, which worked out perfectly for my decision to sit down a lot. Sure, it's sort of the opposite of "labor" for Labor Day, but that's how we're rolling today!!


******************************************************************************************
Blessings today include: rocking and playing with Emmatha; quiet day at the Doik; Steve's burgers on the grill for dinner

No comments: