Thursday, September 1, 2016

Restaurants

One of my "Sixty Things" is to eat at 60 restaurants at which I have never eaten. And McDonalds in a new city does not count. Today was #2 on this list, and since I did not tell you about the first new restaurant, I will tell you about both today.

New Restaurant #1 - Tupelo Honey Cafe.  I ate there last Saturday with Marilyn (who was in town for the weekend), Molly, Maribeth, KB, and Emmatha. It was super delicious, since we started with fried green tomatoes and okra. Then I had the Super Southern Breakfast Bowl, which consisted of: Salsa verde black-eyed peas and SC stone-ground goat cheese grits layered with two all-natural, farm fresh over-medium eggs, apple cider bacon, cheddar and salsa. In other words, yummy yummy! And yes, I shall be visiting this establishment again.

New Restaurant #2 - Carthay Circle Restaurant at California Adventure Disneyland. Molly and I have debated eating here before, and decided to do it this weekend. It's a really lovely place - and they certainly didn't mind that I was in my grandma uniform (tshirt and capris). We started off with their Carthay Signature Fried Biscuits (oh my goodness - the goodness!!) and then I had the Grilled Angus Tri Tip (because the waiter said it was delicious and he certainly didn't lie about that!) and then we finished with dessert because we had a minuscule amount left in stomachs that needed to be filled. So I had the panna cotta. Which just slid down my throat. It was a great place to eat (although a bit pricey) and was totally delicious. Now, to save my $$ for that next visit ...

Our next new restaurant will also be at Disneyland, in the Disneyland park. We'll be eating at Carnation Cafe. I'll tell you all about that tomorrow!
******************************************************************************************
Blessings today include: expo-ing with Molly and getting our race stuff; shopping Disney style; eating and chatting with our waiter; falling asleep early!

No comments: