Monday, October 12, 2015

Slicing and Dicing

Last week I went to the dermatologist to get a couple of moles and my massuese-worked-on cyst all looked at. He froze a wart and another spot, and I made another appointment to get the other stuff cut off. And so he did.

The first item of business was for Nurse Girl to shoot some stuff in the spots to deaden them. Then Doc comes in, slices and burns/cuts/whatever-he-does to the smaller spots, then gets to work on the cyst. This is the same cyst that a masseuse once thought he would "mash" out, as in instead of massaging my stress away. No extra massage charge. Apparently whatever he thought he was doing was no help as the cyst regrew what he "mashed out." Today, Doc sliced and diced it all out (hopefully) - taking out a little bit here and a little bit there. And then used six stitches to put it all back together. Fun times! The stitches will be in 3-4 weeks, and Doc suggested I not wear a backpack for awhile. And since my 3-day days are over, I felt I was good on that.

Anyhow, as scarred up as I am at present, I'm glad to have these spots taken care of. Hopefully they will all come back as no-problems, and all will be good again. And next time, my masseuse can concentrate on mashing all the stress out of the right places!!
***************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: Doc and Nurse Girl taking care of my "spots"; beautiful fall day; starting mailbox project with Maribeth and Everley

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Nice wound dressing.