Thursday, October 1, 2015

What The What??

I know I saw this at least once a month, but today is the first day of a new month??? How did that happen??? Where did last month go??? Why have I not lost the 739 pounds that I should have lost by now? How can it be (fill in name of month here) already?






Well, whether I am ready or not, it is officially October. Here's what I know about October ...
  • Pumpkin cheesecake will soon be on the menu at Cheesecake Factory
  • Fall started last month
  • Daylight Savings Time starts (or ends) next month
  • Today is Julie Andrew's birthday
  • I hate Halloween
  • I have no half-marathons this month
  • I should actually train for a half marathon this month
  • There is a lot of candy in the ding-dang stores right now
  • There is also a lot of Christmas merchandise in the stores
  • Leaves are falling in pretty colors
  • I'm glad I have a yard dude to suck up the falling leaves
  • It was cool weather today in Nashville
  • It will probably be a record high temperature next week in Nashville
  • There will be pumpkins on people's front door steps
  • There will be my cobwebs on my front door steps, and not because of Halloween
  • Oktoberfest happens in October, which is where you drink beer and misspell October
So there you have it. It's October, and if I don't hurry up and publish this, it's going to be November. And since that's Daylight Savings Time Change month, I'll be busy trying to figure out what time it is!!
***************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: beautiful, cool weather; Cracker Barrel breakfast with KB (it was too wet to wog); J Alex lunch with Lynnette and Maribeth; brief stopover by Sam; getting ice cream with Steve; texting with Lynnette, Maribeth, and Molly

No comments: