Monday, December 28, 2015

Craft Time!!

I have a medal rack on which I hang my race medals. However, it has been getting kinda full. In fact, I’ve begun to worry that if I add more medals, the whole thing may fall down, and then my whole display will be a mess. So I decided I needed a new option.

Enter some photo I saw on the internet. It was basically some sort of rack on which people had hung their medals. I had a great idea – (maybe because it is the Christmas season) that I would do sort of the same thing – make a medal rack in the shape of a tree! And maybe I’ll have my Christmas tree ready, 12 months in advance!

I already had three unused tomato racks (that season is over). I went to Home Depot and got a huge pot and flipped it upside down. I then stuck the tomato racks on top, fastened them together and to the pot with fasteners, and started hanging the medals (in chronological order, of course). Eventually the medals will go high enough to hide the bunch of lanyards behind it. I’m happy with the way it turned out – now where to put it? Just hoping the cats leave it alone!

***************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: finding ideas on the internet; Sam helping cut the tops of the racks; family not laughing at my great ideas ...

No comments: