Saturday, December 19, 2015

Traditions

I don't have a lot of Christmas traditions. I do try to put up a tree, and put up stockings on the mantel. And there's Christmas presents. But other than that, we don't have many traditions. However, there seems to be one tradition that I've managed to keep - more or less - for the past 25+ years. It's the sister Christmas card that Marilyn and I send back and forth to each other.

According to one of the early posts, the card was started in 1988, but probably before that. I'm not sure how, when, or why we started sending it back. But back and forth it goes, usually each year, as long as the holder remembers (a) where the card is stored, and (b) remembers to send it back.

Like a said, I don't keep a lot of Christmas traditions. But this one I like. Because it's a symbol of what Christmas is all about - love, family, and keeping in touch during the holidays.

The front of the card. Because we had three kids in our family growing up.
And now we each have three kids.
Keeping up with the changes - or lack thereof ...
 *****************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: Steve and GDiz's safe travel back to Nashville; Lindley and Everley time

2 comments:

Girl with a Goal said...

Love this tradition!

Marilyn said...

I love that card! Hope I remember where I put it next year :)