Friday, December 18, 2015

It Wasn't On My List But ...

Apparently I'm getting a new HVAC for Christmas. And I'm certainly thankful that I am. Especially next summer when it will be 900 degrees in Nashville. Let me explain.

A few days ago, the Hiller people came by for our twice a year HVAC inspection. Dude came in with photos on his phone to show me all the rusty and rusted-out parts. Apparently our HVAC is terminal. It's eleven years old, so the warranty is out. And, as was the case for my corner cabinet door, I'm sure any parts that would be needed for a repair have long gone out of stock. I would tell you what all the rusty and rusted out parts are - if I could remember them. I will say they were bad enough so that Dude had to turn off the gas that goes to the unit (thank goodness it was one of those hot December days).

Anyhow, Salesman Dude came by and we agreed on a new system. Since things are a bit slow at Hiller (thanks to the warm December weather) Saleman Dude said they could install right away. I mentioned that Maribeth had a fancy internet thermostat, so Dude said he would throw one of those in for free. Which is sort of like spitting on a forest fire - does it really make a difference in the end? But I was thankful for any kind of price break.

And so today I am sitting in my house with my new HVAC system. It's not on yet, because it's still warm here. And I've got to figure out how to connect this thermostat thingy to the internet and then to my phone and then to figure out how to program it (who's dumb idea was it to get it, anyway? Oh, right ...).

So, just in case you're wondering what I'm getting for Christmas, it's warmth and cooling. Sounds like the best Christmas present ever!!
***********************************************************************************
Thankful today for: new HVAC and fancy thermostat; Steve's safe travel to GDizzle's; getting the house fairly straightened up

No comments: