Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Oh, Hello Nashville!! I'm Baaack!!

This morning after having a bit of breakfast, Maribeth, Everley, and I decided to visit downtown Gatlinburg. This being the morning in the middle of the week, the streets were pretty quiet. Everley went into a candy store and decided she needed a Dum-Dum sucker. We took it to the register to pay for it (where you pay by weight), and since it didn't register any weight at all, the dude gave it to us free!  Score!!

The rest of the morning we walked around and decided to have lunch at Calhoun's, which was pretty good. Everyone was pretty done by then, so we headed back to the hotel. Maribeth and Everley decided to nap, so I decided it was time to return home. The drive home was quiet (at least until I found the 24/7 Christmas carol station), and soon I was back home. Of course, the cats are looking at me, probably thinking, "You again? How long you staying this time?"

Luckily I had no luggage to unload this time, just the stuff leftover from yesterday. I do need to start getting gifts and wrapping them - Doikmas is on December 20, and I believe there are people who are expecting gifts. Hello Amazon??
*************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: safe ride home for me; safe ride to Dollywood for Mathieu; Everley's fever clearing up; sleeping in my own bed (again)

No comments: